Sunday, July 24, 2011

Serious Medical Complications- Heart Attack?

8 pm update at the end of this post....
When I was denied visit yesterday I did some calling to various sources who confirmed that on Thursday, due to complications of the hunger strike, Bryan had a heart attack.   Bryan is 38 and had no underlying health conditions when the hunger strike began.
He is not in his cell, and I have received no "emergency" calls, so I assume he is under medical care somewhere. Tomorrow, I can call CDCR Pelican Bay for more information.
After church today, I will edit this post with more information about how this played out...Again - no news is good news at this point.
8:00 pm update
I have no additional information.  Tomorrow (Mon) I will call medical to get as much information as possible.  I will check in Lt. Acosta, PIO and the Receivers Office, if needed.  
If the situation warrants it,  I will write a request to the Warden asking for permission to visit Bryan at the hospital or for a phone call if he is back at the prison infirmary.
Bryan was so concerned about the possibility of needing medical care for any reason, given the the track record of CDCR medical...so I will be advocating for him in every way possible.  Again, at this point, no news is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment